FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
Esther Durán Lumm
PRESS CONFERENCE TO ADDRESS THE IMPACT OF IMMIGRATION POLICY CHANGES, RESPONSES, AND THE FATE OF CHILDREN
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 • 9:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m.
Arizona State Capitol
1700 W. Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Issues to be addressed:
- URFC will address the trauma caused by the licensing of new private detention facilities, including infant detention, in Arizona.
- Refugee Aid will address the trauma and impact of the Remain in Mexico policy and the Third Country Transit Rule impact.
- URFC will address the status of lawsuits and violations of US local and international laws.
- Somos America will address continued separation of children from their parents or families.
- URFC will address the issue of detention and the trauma caused and its impact on children and their families.
Uncage and Reunite Families Coalition (URFC) is a volunteer, grassroots organization whose mission is to promote and work towards reunifying all immigrant children with their families and advocate for their safety, health and well-being during immigration processing while in the custody of the United States government.